Green IT: Our Eco-Friendly Data Center
- Annual 'Earth Day' Recycling Events: We organize an event every year in partnership with Enchantment Recycling to collect many recyclable electronics to keep them out of the landfill.
- 2011-2015: Over 16,000 lbs. collected.
- bigbyte cc has shown the following improvements beyond the national averages, concerning power consumption use.
- PUE shows an 8% decrease
- DCIe shows an 8% increase.
- Our company and administrative workstations and servers have gone through "Virtualization," reducing energy consumption 50-70%
- Data Center hot and cold aisle containment to maximize our cooling efficiency within colocation equipment spaces.
- "Free Cooling" utilizes the power of nature for cooling: bigbyte.cc softens the impact on our electrical air conditioning systems by using separate air handler systems to regulate temperatures throughout the building - for energy savings of up to 75% without compromising cooling requirements.
- A full building upgrade to Energy efficient light bulbs was completed in 2012.
- Sensors and timers are used on lighting fixtures throughout the facility to minimize usage.
- We recycle! Everything from paper used in our offices to the equipment used in our data centers is recycled.
- We save an average of 15 trees annually by recycling paper with our shredding and recycling service.
- We buy recycled paper with a minimum of 50% recycled content.
- Earth friendly in-house janitorial and maintenance staff. We use Earth-safe, non-toxic cleaning products and fabric cleaning cloths and mops to cut down on waste and keep our carbon footprint to a minimum.
- Water-wise Xeriscaping is used in landscaping.
- We buy locally produced goods and services whenever possible, reducing fossil fuel transportation demands and supporting the local economy.
- We choose "Energy Star" rated appliances for all new purchases.
- We encourage our clients to recycle/reuse and "Go Green".
- We offer free rechargeable battery & cell phone recycling for our staff and clients. Let's make EarthDay every day! Find Out More
bigbyte.cc Battery Recycling Program
Earth Day is every day for bigbyte.cc clients and staff as they join the company in its efforts to keep rechargeable batteries and cell phones out of landfills. bigbyte.cc offers collection for Call2Recycle®, North America's only free rechargeable battery and cell phone collection program, making recycling of these items convenient for both customers and employees. bigbyte.cc joinined the program in March 2011 and we're hoping to collect more than 10 pounds of rechargeable batteries before the end of 2012.
For more information on this GREEN IT Program, download the Call2Recycle flier.
Call2Recycle® is the only free battery and cell phone collection program in North America. Since 1994, Call2Recycle has diverted more than 60 million pounds of rechargeable batteries from local landfills and established a network of 30,000 recycling drop-off locations. Advancing green business practices and environmental sustainability, Call2Recycle is the most active voice promoting eco-safe reclamation and recycling of rechargeable batteries and cell phones. Learn more at call2recycle.org or 877.723.1297 begin_of_the_skype_highlightingend_of_the_skype_highlighting. Become a follower or fan at twitter.com/call2recycle or facebook.com/call2recycle.
Proud Member of Albuquerque Green Chamber